White papers are, these days, a popular promotional method of promotion, especially in the area of organizational and state policies. Organizations aim to offer information and new items as alternatives to their clients by publishing a white paper on the Internet.
The objective of a white paper is to inform visitors and help them make the correct choices in selecting the program that meets their necessities best. In this situation, the papers can quickly become a professional device that promotes the organization's items or solutions.
For increased efficiency and extra data, some companies have also developed a white paper area on their websites. They use these white papers to collect as much valuable information as possible in order to improve their activity; but of course, they ask for their users’ permission first. This example is a regular use of a white paper: to gather accurate information and generate interest for the respective companies.
The specialists in advertising view white papers as a beneficial promotional resource and give us the simple example of a regular item. When buying an item, what do we take into consideration first? The respective item or the results we obtain thanks to its use? This is the reason on which marketers should focus on if they want to improve their product sales.
Below is a set of recommendations on how to arrange your white papers:
It offers people the occasion to understand better the paper, without revealing the whole material. It does not have to be longer than a couple of passages. Sometimes clients look only for the starting part and the conclusion, so you would better create content that gives people a good reason to keep reading the rest of the paper.
It offers readers pieces of common details that help them to comprehend information about specific problems and to identify the issue explained.
Recommend your answer to the issues at hand, describe how the program performs in common situations. Given enough information, people can select their own options about the effectiveness of the suggested remedy.
Tell people about your item or solutions, but only after you have assured them of the facts written in your paper. Show them why the respective solution is an ideal one. Write about the advantages provided and attach assisting proof.
Insert one passage conclusion of why your answer is the best. Highlight the benefits of using this item as well as the drawbacks of not implementing it. Also, keep in mind to also write the bibliography with the books or science papers mentioned in the content of the document and links pointing to the online resources you have used. Offer individuals information about how they can contact you, if they can visit a website or call your business.
Advantages of Creating a White Paper
- It produces more item sales, reliability and trust
- The papers get to be read by IT administrators and business people, so if these papers get to be studied, the owner earns a lot out of them if the documents are also well-written
- It creates an interest from the visitors about what the company has to offer
- Viewers react favorably when marketing a problem-solving detailed paper
- Internet users are permanently looking for high quality material.
From the author's perspective, it is recommended to know that product sales will be a lot improved if the respective white papers have quality in them. Writing such a professional paper does not have to be frustrating nor produce burnout effects, and the writer has to maintain a certain focus in order to realize a truly efficient document.
When creating a white paper you have to concentrate mainly on the issues that your clients might experience and only later offer them the much-needed alternatives. This is when the readers are more likely to study the white papers. If you provide the solution first, the viewers are tempted to go away from the start. So, it is essential to highlight the clients’ passions and wishes above all others.
White papers are an efficient tool regardless of what kind of organization you have, like business-to-consumer or business-to-business.
- A white paper gives viable alternatives to your clients' problems
- It does not aim to compliment your organization or items
- Makes individuals more interested about the topic when they are studying it
- It motivates people to go further and look for more info about the troubleshooting item.
Writing white papers is not always a simple operation and it can really be a complex process. First, you have to think about how to create a short and direct material, but still explain the right concepts to the potential clients. Then, you have to pay attention to the terminology you use. Avoid very complex and fancy technological expressions as much as possible and offer actual information to increase the efficiency of the message. Create obvious and specific titles.
Here are some elements referring to the composition of a good white paper:
- Use designs, maps, blueprints, platforms and images. They turn a blunt white paper into a more attractive and effective document and are more likely to improve its reliability
- Give illustrations and study various situations, since they are preferred by the readers. People want to see actual information, real situations, motivating experiences
- Use informal, easy-understandable terminology
- Try to keep the document under 20-25 pages, including the extra information. The length of white papers usually differs between 5 and 25 pages. Making it longer than that is dangerous, since you might lose the readers on the way
- Quote third-party resources (expert analysis or scientific reports) whenever you can
- Avoid network marketing. People dislike the thought of being given something for money. Create the material in a positive “non-monetary” style
- Focus on advantages more than functions. This is how they will see that you are not trying to give them a thing that they actually do not want. They like the opportunity to know what the offer is for. It is as simple as that.
- Use new and realistic information. It can be a shame to provide information that is already outdated. So, an in-depth analysis on the subject is more than beneficial before trying to write white papers.
- Use tangible clues or “How to’s”
- Avoid over-the-top words such as “revolutionary”, “never seen before” and so on. If your item is like any of these claims, customers will definitely notice that
- You must also verify the responses of the clients to the questions referring to your ideas.
Below are the elements that should be inserted in any quality white paper
- Clear news, sections, structure and style
- PDF format
- Font size that is easy to read; since not everyone has great eyesight
- Friendly overall tone in simple English terms
- Visible extra content to help visitors comprehend the subject better and break the boredom of studying a long text
- Real data offered with the information about the system. These are intended to persuade the readers about the functions and performances of the program
- The objective of the support has to be clearly described and shown: the main terms must be distributed over the lines and highlighted in the paper
- Footnotes for efficient explanations
- Abbreviations written from the start
- Innovative subheadings that are lively
- Content separated into digestible sections with use of principal points to help create a readable published text
- Benefits, programs, situation researches (companies seeking for brand reviews, records etc.; paper marketers seeking to label their material in everyday papers, component producers who need a marking system for the guide for each item and other examples like these)
- Not a tedious content
- Summary and conclusion focused on the subject and quickly understandable.
Tips and Tricks
Writing great white papers is not everything. You have to successfully advertise it towards the targeted market, since many people have to study it. Here are a few methods to do this:
- Provide the papers on websites and blogs that are read by the targeted public
- Email auto responder or newsletters
- Spread printed papers at business meetings
- Offer free duplicates through PPC advertising
- Buy banner ads or paid links
- Make a special section on your site and advertise the white papers on related websites.
A white paper is an efficient resource in promoting your items without actually concentrating on product sales. If promotion is efficient and you understand its value, then here is the response to your dilemma. Many organizations have tried it and researches confirm its performance. Look at the recommendations of some major entrepreneurs and persuade your clients.